Stacked Tortilla Taco Pizzas are baked in the oven until crispy with lots of melted cheese on top. Serve with shredded iceberg lettuce, sliced black olives, salsa, sour cream, and green onions for a delicious Mexican twist on pizza.
These Stacked Tortilla Mexican Pizzas have a layer of ground beef filling flavored with taco seasoning and a refried bean layer.
The flour tortillas are baked in the oven until crispy before assembling the pizzas to ensure they stay super crispy.
My favorite thing about these tortilla pizzas, besides the crispy tortillas, is all the toppings. I think that’s what I love about Mexican food so much. It’s so fun to sprinkle stuff on top.
Use whatever toppings you like: fresh chopped cilantro, diced avocado, chopped red onion. The more the merrier.
I love to pile lots of shredded iceberg lettuce on top. It really helps lighten the meal up and then I feel less guilty. 🙂
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1-oz) packet taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded Mexican cheese
- 9 8-inch flour tortillas
- cooking spray
- Toppings: shredded iceberg lettuce sliced black olives, salsa, sour cream, green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place ground beef and onion in a nonstick pan and cook over medium heat, breaking apart with a wooden spoon until no longer pink. Add garlic.
- Measure out 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning and set aside. Add remaining taco seasoning and 1/4 cup water to ground beef. Stir well and cook until evenly mixed and thickened. Remove from heat.
- Spray both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Place on baking sheets and bake 3 minutes. Flip over and bake another 3 minutes.
- Mix the 1 1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning into the refried beans. Mix in 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Divide ground beef mixture on 3 of the tortillas and spread evenly. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of each one and top with a second tortilla. Spread 1/3 of refried bean mixture on top of each tortilla that was just stacked.
- Top with remaining tortillas and sprinkle about 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top of each pizza.
- Place in oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place desired toppings on top and cut into wedges to serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Mexican Favorites
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.