Taco Bell Mexican Pizza- two crispy tortillas sandwich a seasoned ground beef filling with a bunch of melty cheese on top.
I love to top these Mexican Pizzas with sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, and green onions. So delicious!
Ingredients needed to make these Taco Bell Mexican Pizza:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning- Use “Hot” if you want it spicy.
- 1 can refried beans
- Flour tortillas- small are best but you can use medium.
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Red Enchilada Sauce- gets spread on the top tortilla like a pizza sauce.
- Vegetable oil- Canola oil can be used instead.
How To Make These Mexican Pizzas:
- Cook the ground beef and add the taco seasoning and a little water. Simmer until thickened.
- Warm the refried beans in the microwave.
- Briefly fry each tortilla in a little oil.
- Lay half the tortillas on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Spread the tortillas with refried beans and then place about 1/3 cup of ground beef mixture on each one.
- Sprinkle with a little cheese.
- Top with remaining tortillas and spread enchilada sauce on each one.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add toppings and serve.
Toppings to Serve with This Recipe:
The more toppings the better. Sour cream, guacamole, salsa, diced tomatoes, olives, cilantro, diced red onion, pickled jalapenos, and diced avocado are all great choices. I sometimes like to serve these pizzas on a bed of shredded iceberg lettuce. To add some heat, serve with Cholulu Hot Sauce.
Try These Other Restaurant Copycat Recipes:
- Copycat Krispy Kreme Doughnuts
- Copycat Bubba Gump Shrimp
- Jim ‘n Nicks Cheesy Biscuits Copycat
- Red Lobster Biscuits
- Chicken Crispers (Chili’s copycat)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, green onion, chopped cilantro for serving
- Brown and crumble the ground beef in a nonstick skillet. Drain off grease.Add taco seasoning and water and simmer until most of the water evaporates.Remove from heat.
- Place refried beans in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds to warm. Stir well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry each tortilla for about 30 seconds per side or until starting to turn golden. Add more oil to pan as needed.
- Arrange half the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet. Spread each of the four with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of refried beans.
- Scatter about 1/3 cup of ground beef mixture over the beans.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top of each and place the remaining tortillas on top.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce on top of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the tortillas.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with sour cream, diced tomato, olives, green onion, and cilantro.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.