These sweet and cheesy mini biscuits are hard to stop popping in your mouth! They taste almost just like Jim N Nicks Cheesy Biscuits and they are so easy to make!
We have a Jim N Nicks BBQ Restaurant near our house and I love to go there for a meal as often as possible. I love basically everything I’ve tried- the mammoth onion rings, the pulled pork and mac and cheese. But I especially love the complimentary mini muffins they bring to the table. We always get seconds, sometimes thirds.
I have a hard time not filling up on them before my meal comes. They are really cheesy and sweet, almost like a dessert.
This is a really simple recipe and they come really close to the real thing. You will need a mini muffin pan.
You could make them larger, but I love them bite-sized.
They’re made from super simple ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and soda, buttermilk, butter and cheese. Plus a little vanilla extract.
It’s the vanilla extract that gives them that somethin somethin.
Cheesy Biscuits go well with any meal but they also make a fantastic snack all on their own. Watch them disappear in a flash!
These sweet little cheese muffins taste just like Jim 'n Nicks. So good, they almost taste like dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Add to flour mixture along with melted butter. Stir just until combined. Fold in cheese.
- Fill muffin tins with batter. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until firm on top.
- Let cool 10 minutes and remove from muffin tins.
- Serve warm.
Makes about 30 mini muffins.
More Biscuit and Cornbread Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.