Chipotle Lime Salmon is a little sweet and spicy and makes an easy, healthy dinner. Salmon fillets are coated with a smoky chipotle sauce sweetened with honey and then broiled. The flavor combination of honey, lime, and chipotle is so tasty. This meal can be on the table in under 20 minutes!
The glaze for these salmon fillets is a simple mixture of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, lime juice, honey, cumin, and garlic. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce come in small cans. You can find them in with the Mexican foods at the grocery stores, usually right next to the canned green chilies. They have such a great smoky flavor and a plenty of heat. If you need recipe ideas for using the rest of the can try Crock Pot Chipotle Pulled Chicken or Chipotle Lime Grilled Flank Steak.
The kick of citrus from lime juice in the glaze makes this a great dish for spring and summer.
What to serve with Chipotle Lime Salmon:
Tips for making Chipotle Lime Salmon:
- Cooking time can vary based on how hot your broiler gets and the thickness and size of the salmon fillets. Use the cooking time as an estimate only.
- To check and see if salmon is done, pierce the thickest portion with a knife or fork. The salmon will start to flake easily when done and it will change in color from translucent and red to pink and opaque.
More Salmon Recipes:
Chipotle Lime Salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo, (2 if they are smaller)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Combine oil, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, lime juice, honey, cumin, and garlic in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place salmon on foil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set oven rack 6 inches from broiler and heat broiler to HIGH.
- Coat salmon with chipotle sauce and broil for 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. I like to add another coating of sauce halfway through cooking time.
- Sprinkle with lime zest and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
4 thoughts on “Chipotle Lime Salmon”
Very delicous and a house favourite
Made last night for dinner. Very tasty! Definitely will make again!
Delicious and so easy to make!!! We will be doing this again for sure.
So easy and so good! Made this three times, it takes 20 minutes, and it has been amazing every time. (I’ll cook for closer to 8 minutes usually, either because my oven runs hot or because I like my salmon slightly rarer than recommended in the recipe)