BBQ Salmon Cobb Salad is full of avocado, bacon, hard-boiled egg, corn, blue cheese crumbles and BBQ seasoned salmon fillets. It’s one of my favorite twists on Cobb Salad.
Not Your Traditional Cobb Salad
This isn’t exactly your traditional Cobb Salad but it does have most of the main components of a Cobb Salad. There’s avocado, bacon, hard-boiled egg, tomatoes, plus some blue cheese crumbles.
Typically chicken is in a cobb salad but I adore salads with salmon. It’s healthy and I love that it flakes so easily into small pieces so that I can get some salmon in every bite. I’ve also added corn to this salad because it goes so well with bbq seasoning.
The salmon is seasoned with paprika and bbq seasoning and then pan-fried until crispy. Then it is brushed with bbq sauce. Use your favorite store-bought bbq sauce. You should be able to find bbq seasoning in the spice section of the grocery store. If not, a homemade one is easy to make.
What Type Of Salmon To Buy
I recommend buying wild caught salmon over farm-raised salmon. You want each fillet to be about 4 ounces.
BBQ Salmon Cobb Salad Recipe Tips
You can use either blue cheese crumbles or feta crumbles. I tend to prefer feta cheese with salmon
I recommend cooking salmon with the skin on even if you don’t plan on eating it. It helps protect the salmon and keeps it from drying out. You can easily peel it off after the salmon is cooked if you don’t want to eat it.
More Delicious Salad Recipes
- Tex Mex Cobb Salad
- Southern Cobb Salad
- Chopped Cobb Salad
- Blue Cheese Chopped Salad with Craisins and Candied Pecans
- Italian Layered Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
BBQ Salmon Cobb Salad
- 3 salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon bbq seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with paprika, bbq seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a small drizzle of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon skin side up and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Flip salmon over. Brush the top with bbq sauce and continue to cook for another 2 to 4 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking. Remove from heat.
- Arrange all salad ingredients on a large serving plate. Top with salmon and drizzle with ranch dressing.