This Chopped Cobb salad is full of chicken, bacon, avocado, hard-boiled egg, and blue cheese crumbles, all tossed in an easy vinaigrette.
What’s to love about Cobb Salad?
- I love that a cobb salad can be eaten as a main dish. Because it has bacon, chicken, egg, and cheese, it makes a filling meal. Perfect for a light summer dinner.
- You can stick to the traditional ingredients of avocado, chicken, bacon, and egg, or you can use what you have on hand.
- Typically a cobb salad is arranged on a platter with the ingredients in rows, but I love mixing them all together in a chopped salad. It’s easier to eat, better for serving a crowd, and you are sure to get lots of flavors in every bite.
Can Chopped Cobb Salad be made in advance?
- The dressing can be made up to a week in advance. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The ingredients can all be chopped ahead of time and refrigerated in seperate containers. I don’t recommend mixing the ingredients together until slightly before serving so the lettuce stays fresh and crunchy.
Cobb Salad Dressing
The dressing is a simple vinaigrette flavored with garlic. It also has a little mayonnaise added to give it a little creaminess. Since cobb salad is a heavier salad, I like a lighter dressing on it. A bottled Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing can be used instead.
This recipe is easily customizable.
- Cucumbers, red bell pepper, or radishes make a great addition.
- Use mixed greens or iceberg lettuce instead of romaine.
- Don’t like blue cheese? Try using feta cheese or shredded cheddar cheese.
- Some toasted walnuts, pecans, or almonds are a great addition.
- I also love to sprinkle a spoonful of hemp seeds on my salad. They are full of good nutrition and have a great nutty flavor.
More Awesome Salad Recipes:
- Bacon Caprese Salad
- Bacon and Ranch Cauliflower Salad
- Marinated Shrimp, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
- Layered Taco Salad
Chopped Cobb Salad
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Make salad dressing. Combine garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and vinegar in a bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
- Toss together all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss again.
Disclosure: This post containas affiliate links.