Bacon and Ranch Cauliflower Salad- this crunchy salad is loaded with cheddar cheese, crispy bacon and a creamy Parmesan Ranch dressing. Makes a great side for summer cookouts and potlucks. It’s gluten free and low carb.
I like to add a little chopped romaine or iceberg lettuce, but not too much. This salad is best when cauliflower is the main ingredient.
The dressing for this recipe is so easy and good. It’s a mixture of Ranch seasoning, mayonnaise, milk, sweet onion, shredded Parmesan cheese, and pepper. It’s super creamy and well-flavored. So much better than bottled ranch. It can be made a day or two in advance.
Besides the dressing, there’s just 4 ingredients: cauliflower, romaine, bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.
BACON AND RANCH CAULIFLOWER SALAD RECIPE TIPS:
This salad can be made in advance if you leave the lettuce out. The lettuce gets soggy over time.
Raw cauliflower can be a little difficult to eat. I’ve nearly choked on more than a few pieces of cauliflower. Be sure to chop it into small, bite-sized pieces so it is easier to eat.
For best flavor, use a block of cheddar cheese and shred it yourself. It has a much fresher flavor than preshredded cheese.
Try subbing broccoli for cauliflower or you can make this recipe with a combination of the two.
Try adding a few sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for a little more crunch.
Try These Other Great Salads:
- Creamy Italian Cucumber Salad
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Layer Salad
- Broccoli Strawberry Salad
- Bacon Blue Cheese Broccoli Salad
Bacon and Ranch Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until needed.
- Place cauliflower and romaine in a large bowl or 9x13-inch pan. Add desired amount of dressing. Toss to coat evenly.Note: you might not use all of the dressing.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese on top. Serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.