Honey BBQ Salmon is super moist and flavorful and makes a healthy, quick & easy weeknight meal. It can be on the table in under 25 minutes. I like to serve it with just a side salad for a light meal that’s great for the summer months.
A tasty BBQ sauce is made from ketchup, honey, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, chili powder, dried minced onions, and cayenne pepper.
To keep the salmon really moist, but develop a nice sear and char on the outside, I like to first sear it in a pan and then flip it over and finish cooking it in a low heat oven- just 300 degrees F.
And I always like to make enough for leftovers. The next day for lunch, I flake it and put it on top of a salad. So good!
Never miss a recipe. CLICK HERE to Subscribe.
Honey BBQ Salmon
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except salmon and green onions in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Lightly season salmon with salt and pepper and place in pan skin side UP. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until nicely seared.
- Turn salmon so that it is skin side down. Baste with BBQ sauce and place pan in oven until salmon is cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Baste salmon again with sauce and sprinkle with green onions.