Chipotle Lime Grilled Flank Steak is marinated for hours and then grilled to perfection. The steak has so much flavor from a marinade of lime juice, cilantro, chipotle peppers, garlic, and a little honey.
The flank steak needs at least 8 hours to marinate and you can let it marinate up to 24 hours. Make the marinade and put the steak in the night before and you can whip up dinner in no time the next night.
Chipotle Lime Grilled Flank Steak has a little bit of spice and a lot of smokey flavor from the chipotle peppers.
Don’t discard the marinade. Boil it long enough to kill any bacteria and then pour it over the cooked flank steak for even more flavor. Leftovers make a great topping for a Tex Mex-style salad.
I like to serve Chipotle Lime Grilled Flank Steak with a green salad and Cilantro Lime Rice. Mexican Coleslaw goes great with it too. For a drink, try a Pineapple Cinnamon Margarita or try this margarita recipe.
Chipotle Lime Grilled Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
- salt and pepper
- Add first 8 ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large ziptop bag. Add flank steak, coating it well. Seal and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Let flank steak sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Pour marinade into a small saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn't burn on the bottom.
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper. Grill for about 8 minutes per side, or until desired degree of doneness. Drizzle marinade over steak and let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy Parmesan Rice makes a great side for this steak. Watch the video below to see how to make it.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.