Cilantro Lime Rice has lots of fresh lime and cilantro flavor and pairs great with any kind of Mexican food. Use it as a filler for burritos or as a base for burrito bowls.
Obviously this recipe is not for cilantro haters and I know there are a lot of you out there. But some of us love the stuff and think the more cilantro, the better.
Cilantro Lime Recipe has tons of cilantro flavor. Fresh cilantro gets mixed in the blender along with lime juice and zest, plus olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes. All those flavors blend together and then get stirred into white rice that has been cooked in chicken broth for added flavor. (You could use vegetable broth to keep it vegetarian.)
Cilantro Lime Rice is simple to make and and economical way to round out any Mexican meal, including a Cinco de Mayo celebration!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1 loosely packed cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Bring chicken broth and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add salt and rice. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking place cilantro, lime juice, zest, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a blender and blend until cilantro is finely chopped. Or you can use a food processor.
- When rice is done, stir cilantro mixture in.