Crock Pot Sloppy Joes are an easy, family-friendly slow cooker meal. Ground beef is slow cooked with tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and spices until supremely flavorful.
It’s a classic American meal, made super simple with the use of a slow cooker. Serve on a toasted bun for a kid-friendly, economical meal.
Tips for Making Crock Pot Sloppy Joes:
- Add a slice of American cheese to your Sloppy Joe sandwiches for extra flavor.
- This recipe is easily customizable. Add diced green pepper, jalapeno, chopped cooked bacon, or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- To prevent your sandwich from getting soggy, toast the buns before assembling.
For best flavor the ground beef gets browned in a nonstick skillet before being added to the crock pot. I know people love dump and go crock pot recipes that don’t involve any pre-cooking, but pre-cooking the ground beef adds so much flavor. Plus it allows you to get rid of the grease so that your sloppy joes are not greasy.
Yes, you can make Sloppy Joes from a can, but making them homemade allows you to customize them to your tastes and they are much healthier.
Try these other awesome Sloppy Joe Recipes:
- Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Root Beer Sloppy Joes
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Cornbread Muffins
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Brown ground beef in a large nonstick skillet, breaking it apart as it cooks. Once you have it broken up, add the onion. Continue to cook until no longer pink.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer ground beef mixture to a 6-quart crock pot, leaving as much of the grease behind as possible.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 4 hours.
- Serve on toasted buns.