Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza- a deliciously tangy and a little sweet sloppy joe filling is slathered on French bread and topped with Colby Jack cheese. Baked until wonderfully crispy for a great family meal or gameday snack.
There is so much flavor here!
The sloppy joe mixture is really quick and easy to make. You’ll brown a pound of ground beef with some onion and green bell pepper and then add ketchup, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
For a slightly lighter version, ground turkey can be used.
It just needs a few minutes to simmer for the flavors to come together. Note: This part can be done a day in advance and refrigerated.
Cut a loaf of French bread in half horizontally and spread the sloppy joe mixture evenly on both pieces. Top with shredded Colby Jack cheese (or you can use cheese slices) and bake until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted.
Instead of Colby Jack cheese, you could use cheddar, mozzarella, provolone, or a Mexican cheese blend.
Both kids and adults will love this tasty French Bread Pizza.
SLOPPY JOE FRENCH BREAD PIZZA RECIPE TIP:
You want to use soft supermarket French Bread, not the thinner, crispy baguette bread.
Try these other Sloppy Joe Recipes:
- Root Beer Sloppy Joes
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Cornbread Muffins
- Sloppy Joe Potato Skins
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes
- Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
Sloppy Joe Pizza
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Brown ground beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Break it apart as it cooks and add onion and green pepper when ground beef is about halfway cooked. Drain off any grease.
- Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut French bread in half lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet. Spread ground beef mixture on the cut sides and top with the cheese.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Slice and serve.