Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and slow cooked in a mixture of sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and Cheddar Cheese soup. This crockpot chicken is super easy and only requires a few inexpensive ingredients.
As with any crockpot recipe, the meat cooks up super tender and moist. The chicken gets a wonderful smokiness from the bacon that wraps around it. A mixture of sour cream and condensed soups produces a copious amount of extra thick and creamy sauce. It’s wonderful served over some egg noodles. It would also be good over rice or mashed potatoes.
It takes a little prep work up front, partially cooking some bacon and sautéing some onions for a few minutes. But you can still get it prepped and ready to go in about 10 minutes. And it will free up that precious evening time when it seems there’s a million other things to do.
- 8 bacon slices
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10-ounce) can Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each chicken breast in half so that you have two long and narrow chicken tender shape pieces.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until about halfway cooked. You want some of the fat to cook off, but the bacon to still be pliable.
- Immediately wrap a slice of bacon around each chicken piece while the bacon is still pliable. Place in crockpot.
- Add onion to skillet and cook in bacon fat for 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both soups, sour cream, flour, and garlic powder. Pour over chicken.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours, until chicken is completely done.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and place on a serving platter. Whisk the sauce well and taste for seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
More Crockpot Recipes