No need to heat up the kitchen in any way, shape, or form for your summertime BBQ. With this Slow Cooker Bourbon BBQ Baked Beans recipe, you can let your beans simmer away on the low heat setting in your crockpot all morning. And by afternoon they will turn into a delicious sweet and tangy crockpot full of beans to go with whatever you cook on the grill. This recipe is so easy and it is one of my favorite ways to make baked beans.
These Slow Cooker Bourbon Baked Beans have all of the requisite baked bean flavors: brown sugar, molasses, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and bacon. A splash of bourbon kicks the flavor up even more. If you like your beans thick, at the end of cooking time remove the lid, turn your crockpot to high and let them cook for about 20 to 30 minutes. If you feel like your crockpot doesn’t get hot enough on High, put them in a 350° oven for 20 minutes or so.
You can use any mixture of beans- kidney beans, pinto, black beans or even garbanzo beans.
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans undrained pork and beans (15 ounces)
- 1 can Northern Beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1 can Navy beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the skillet. Saute onion in the bacon fat for 3-4 minutes.
- Place onions and all other ingredients, except bacon, in a 6-quart crockpot. Stir well, cover, and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove top, turn heat to high and cook 20 minutes to thicken some. Stir in bacon.
More Crockpot Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.