Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes- these from-scratch pancakes are loaded with fresh blueberries that burst with flavor. Such a great homemade pancake recipe.
There’s nothing I enjoy more on a weekend than starting the day with a fluffy stack of pancakes drenched with maple syrup. Blueberry Pancakes are a big favorite of mine.
Sour Cream Pancakes are similar to Buttermilk Pancakes and every bit as delicious.
You are likely to already have all of the ingredients on hand. For the dry ingredients you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. For the wet ingredients you will need 4 tablespoons melted butter, milk, 2 eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes Recipe Tips
Frozen Blueberries can be used instead of fresh blueberries.
Full-fat Greek yogurt or regular vanilla yogurt can be used instead of sour cream.
If pancakes are browning too quickly, turn the heat down some.
Flip the pancakes over when bubbles start forming on the top.
Keep the first batch of pancakes warm in a 200 degree oven while you make the rest. Unless you have hungry eaters to eat them right away.
Storage and Freezing
Leftover pancakes can be refrigerated for about 3 to 4 days. Reheat them in a toaster oven until warm. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months. To freeze, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer until frozen. As soon as they are frozen, place them in a freezer bag. Be sure to get as much air out of the bag as possible.
More Delicious Pancake Recipes
- Banana Pancakes with Caramel Syrup
- Sweet Potato Pancakes with Marshmallow Sauce
- Cake Batter Pancakes
- Banana Pudding Pancakes
- Double Stuff Oreo Pancakes
- German Chocolate Pancakes
Sour Cream Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
- Canola or Vegetable oil
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and sour cream in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add to milk mixture and stir until combined.
- Add melted butter and vanilla and stir in.Gently stir in blueberries.
- Lightly grease a griddle or large nonstick pan with canola or vegetable oil. Heat over medium heat.Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles rise to the surface, flip over, and continue to cook until cooked through.Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup.