Rotel Green Beans- an easy recipe to turn canned green beans into a tasty side that tastes like it was made from scratch. These green beans have a little kick from a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chilies and some cajun seasoning.
This recipe can be made in just 15 minutes and goes great with chicken, pork, or steak.
- Bacon grease– southern cooks always save their bacon grease. It has so many uses in the kitchen and really adds flavor to these green beans.
- Onion– I use sweet onion, but yellow or white onion can be used instead.
- Garlic– half a teaspoon of garlic powder can be used instead of fresh garlic.
- Canned Green Beans– drain them before adding to the skillet.
- Rotel tomatoes– do NOT drain them. Use “Hot” Rotel tomatoes for more heat.
- Cajun or Creole seasoning– I like to use Tony Chachere’s Creole seasoning.
- Black pepper
HOW TO MAKE ROTEL GREEN BEANS:
- Cook the onion and garlic in bacon grease. I cook the onion first and then add the garlic for just a minute. Since garlic is chopped really small, it is easy to burn if you cook it as long as the onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes to bring all the flavors together.
If you want to use fresh green beans, boil them or steam them until tender and then proceed with the recipe.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Try These Other Amazing Green Bean Recipes:
- Maple-Glazed Green Beans
- Crock Pot Buttery Bacon Green Beans
- Country Ranch Green Beans and Potatoes
- Southern-Style Green Beans
- Sweet and Sour Green Beans
Rotel Green Beans
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add bacon grease to a large nonstick skillet and cook onion until soft.Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add green beans, Rotel tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, and pepper.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.