Country Ranch Green Beans and Potatoes have lots of crumbled bacon and ranch seasoning mixed in for a truly flavorful southern side. Pair this delicious veggie side dish with chicken, steak, or pork. It also goes great with fried catfish.
Canned Green Bean Recipe
This is a simple, easy recipe for stretching that last can of green beans in the pantry.
How To Make
Start by pan frying a few diced red potatoes in a mixture of bacon grease and butter. This gives the potatoes maximum flavor. Then add a chopped vidalia onion and keep cooking until the potatoes are soft.
Add a drained can of green beans, a little ranch seasoning, some black pepper, and a good amount of crumbled bacon. Let everything get warm and it is ready to be served.
Country Ranch Green Beans and Potatoes Recipe Tips
You’ll have to be careful about how much ranch seasoning you add because it is salty. Start with 1 teaspoon and go from there. Keep adding a little until you get the flavor you like.
You can leave the bacon grease out and just use butter if you prefer.
More Green Bean Recipes
- Sweet and Sour Green Beans
- Green Bean Bundles
- Crispy Fried Green Beans
- Southern Style Green Beans
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Green Beans
- Candied Green Beans
- Skinny Southern Green Beans
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 (14-ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ranch seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, optional
- Heat bacon grease and butter over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add potatoes and cook for 7 minutes, flipping them over halfway through.
- Add onion and cook 3 to 5 more minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Let everything warm through and then remove from heat and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published May 17, 2018.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.