Green Bean Bundles wrapped in bacon make a beautiful presentation for a holiday meal and you won’t believe how wonderful they taste. The green beans are first blanched in boiling water to get them just slightly tender. Then they’re marinated in a mixture of butter, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper.
Marinating them in the refrigerator before roasting them solidifies the butter and really allows more of it to cling to the green beans.
Bundles of 7 to 8 green beans are wrapped with a half a slice of bacon which is secured with a toothpick. The bundles are placed on a baking sheet and roasted at 400 degrees until the bacon is crispy and the green beans are perfectly tender. The green beans would already have great flavor from the butter and garlic, but the bacon fat really gives them an exceptional flavor plus a salty finishing touch.
Such a delicious way to eat some green beans!.
Wishing you and your family a truly wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Green Bean Bundles wrapped in bacon make a beautiful presentation for a holiday meal and you won't believe how wonderful they taste.
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes. Drain well and pat green beans dry with a paper towel.
- Place green beans in a 9X13-inch pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well and pour over green beans.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease it.
- Cut bacon slices in half
- Make bundles of 7 to 8 green beans and wrap a piece of bacon around each bundle, securing with a toothpick.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Flip bundles over and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
Sharing this recipe with The Weekend Potluck.
Recipe adapted from The Pastry Queen: Royally Good Recipes from the Texas Hill Country’s Rather Sweet Bakery & Cafe
More Green Bean Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.