Italian Roasted Potatoes- red potatoes are roasted until golden and crispy and then tossed with pancetta, onion, and rosemary for a delicious take on roasted potatoes. Goes great with lamb, beef, chicken, or pork.
Only 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper are needed for this tasty potato side dish.
There’s an easy, 2-step process to making these delicious roasted potatoes. They are first pan-fried to get them nicely browned and crispy and then they are transfered to the oven to finish cooking. The pancetta and onion are cooked separately. By cooking them separately, you can ensure they don’t overcook and get burned.
Roasting potatoes is one of my favorite ways to cook potatoes and there are so many slight variations you can make to roasted potatoes to change the flavor.
Red potatoes are great to use for roasted potatoes because they are waxy and cook up creamy but hold their shape. Plus there’s no need to peel them, which cuts down on the prep time.
Italian Roasted Potatoes Recipe Tips:
- Yukon Gold potatoes can be used instead of red potatoes.
- Bacon can be substituted for the pancetta.
- For even more flavor, sprinkle freshly ground Parmesan cheese on the potatoes just before serving.
- Depending on the size of your red potatoes, you may need to cook them a little longer than the recommended cooking time. Just make sure you pierce them with a fork before you remove them from the oven to make sure they are done.
Try These Other Awesome Potato Recipes:
- Super Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- Melting Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Shake and Bake Ranch Potatoes
- Buttered Parslied Potatoes
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Italian Roasted Potatoes
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pancetta
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the potatoes and cook , stirring occasionally, until browned.
- Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are in the oven, pour off all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan. Place over medium high heat and add the pancetta. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and cook until the onions are soft and the pancetta is crispy. Add the rosemary and remove from heat.
- Toss the potatoes with the pancetta mixture and serve.