Greek Potatoes are flavored with oregano, lemon zest, garlic, pepperoncini peppers, and feta cheese. These roasted potatoes are to die for!
Roasted potatoes never tasted so good. Potatoes are always one of my go to side dishes. They are economical, everyone loves them, and they go with just about anything.
WHAT TYPE OF POATOES TO USE?
My favorite type is Yukon Gold potatoes. They have a really creamy texture. Look for baby Yukon Gold potatoes. If they aren’t really small, cut them in fourths instead of halves. Red potatoes and russet potatoes also work really well in this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE GREEK POTATOES:
- Roast the potatoes. The potatoes are cut in half, tossed with oil, salt, and pepper and roasted in a hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes. They should get very browned and crispy. It’s a good idea to flip them over halfway through.
- Toss potatoes with garlic, pepperoncini peppers, and oregano.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, feta, and parsley.
GREEK POTATOES RECIPE TIPS:
Be sure the potatoes are really spread out on the baking sheet. Use 2 baking sheets if necessary.
The pepperoncini peppers add some kick. If you want these Greek Potatoes to be spicy, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Try These Other Awesome Potato Recipes:
- Buttered Parsley Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Paprika Potatoes
- Melting Potatoes
- Bacon-Braised Red Potatoes
- 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely minced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.Toss potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread potatoes out on baking sheet, cut side down.Roast for 35 to 40 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, place garlic, pepperoncini peppers, and oregano in a medium bowl.
- When potatoes are done roasting, add them to the bowl. Mix everything together.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, feta, and parsley and serve.