Honey Garlic Salmon is an easy dinner recipe that can be made in a jiffy and has lots of sweet, salty, and spicy flavor.
Quick and Easy
I love to cook salmon for dinner once a week. Scroll down for more salmon recipes. Not only is it wonderfully healthy with lots of protein and omega-3’s, it cooks very quickly making it perfect for a weeknight meal.
The salmon is first seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and blackening seasoning. There are lots of brands of blackening seasoning and it should be easy to find in the spice section of the grocery store.
The sauce is a simple sauce made from honey, lots of garlic, soy sauce, Sriracha sauce, and rice wine vinegar. You can increase or decrease the sriracha sauce if you want it more or less spicy.
How To Serve
Since the salmon only takes about 20 minutes to make, it is perfect for a weeknight meal. It goes great with Parmesan Rice or Super Crispy Roasted Potatoes with a side of Spicy Roasted Broccoli. Leftovers are great on top of a mixed greens salad with feta cheese and craisins.
How To Make
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and blackening seasoning.
- Add the butter, oil and sauce ingredients to an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon skin-side down and cook for 2 minutes. Baste with the sauce while cooking.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil the salmon until it is cooked to your liking.
Use good quality fresh salmon and cook it within 24 hours of purchasing. I prefer wild-caught to farm-raised.
Leave the skin on. The skin gets wonderfully crispy and it is delicious. If you don’t like the skin, still leave it on. It helps protect the salmon from drying out as it cooks and can easily be peeled off before being served.
Don’t overcook the salmon or it will dry out. Salmon can be cooked like a steak and some people like it rare or medium-rare. Cook it to your liking.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
More Great Salmon Recipes
- Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Baked Parmesan Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon
- Honey BBQ Salmon
- Salmon with Bourbon-Pecan Glaze
- Firecracker Baked Salmon
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon blackening seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Pat salmon dry. Season with salt and pepper, Sprinkle with paprika and blackening seasoning. Set aside.Preheat the broiler.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-high heat in an oven-proof skillet. Add remaning ingredients and stir until combined.
- Place salmon in the skillet skin side down. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, basting several times with sauce.
- Broil salmon for 4 to 5 minutes, or until desired degree of doneness. Baste with sauce and serve.
2 thoughts on “Honey Garlic Salmon”
This is the best salmon recipe I have ever made! Everyone at my house loved it
That is great to hear Beth!