Crock Pot Basil Coconut Chicken- chunks of boneless chicken breast slow cook in a flavorful coconut curry sauce. With lots of fresh basil, the sauce has so much bright herb flavor. Serve over rice for an easy slow cooker meal.
I love a good curry, especially a creamy coconut-milk based curry. This delicious curry has the flavor of lime, fresh ginger, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and a touch of cinnamon.
A few teaspoons of sugar brings out the sweetness of the coconut milk and is a nice contrast to the spices.
Some cornstarch is added at the end to help thicken the sauce some.
TIPS FOR MAKING CROCK POT BASIL COCONUT CHICKEN:
This Crock Pot Basil Coconut Chicken isn’t too spicy. Double the amount of jalapeno or add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
You could substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the chicken breasts, but you’ll want to add 30 to 60 minutes to the cooking time.
More Amazing Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
Crock Pot Basil Coconut Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14-ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped gresh ginger
- 1 jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnnamon
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces and place in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker insert.
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch to a food processor or blender and process/blend until the jalapeno and basil are in little pieces.
- Pour on top of chicken. Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 3 hours 45 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Open crock pot. If chicken is done, remove it with a slotted spoon and set aside. If it needs a little longer to cook, leave it in. Mix cornstarch mixture into liquid in crock pot. Cover crock pot and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes. Return chicken to pot if it was removed. Serve with rice.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.