Slow Cooker Chicken Korma has tender chunks of white chicken meat covered in a wonderfully spiced coconut/cashew sauce. Serve over white rice with a side of naan for a delicious home-cooked Indian meal.
Indian food is one of my loves and one of the things I miss the most since moving to Beaufort, SC is having Indian restaurants to go to. There are none. So if I want my Indian food fix, I either have to drive to Charleston or make my own. Chicken Korma is one of my favorites. I love the creaminess and sweetness and the nuttiness that cashews give it. It is a really great dish to make in a crock pot.
What are the spices in Slow Cooker Chicken Korma?
This Korma is fully loaded with Indian spices. There’s fresh ginger, garam masala (love the way this one smells), cumin, tumeric, cardamom, cinnamon, and crushed red pepper flakes. This dish is both sweet and spicy with a real depth of flavor. The sauce cooks up thick enough to really cling to a piece of naan or a mound of rice.
How To Make:
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place the next 12 ingredients in a blender. Add the liquid from the can of coconut milk. Blend until smooth and pour over the chicken.
- Stir in the onion and garlic.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add the solid portion from the can of coconut milk and stir in.
Try These Other Indian Recipes:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 minutes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- slivered almonds and chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper and place in the bottom of a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place next 12 ingredients in a blender. Add the liquid from the can of coconut milk. (Save the solid part to stir in later.)
- Blend until smooth. Pour on top of chicken. Add onion and garlic and stir together.
- Place lid on slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Open crock pot and add solids from the can of coconut milk. Stir in.
- Serve over rice with almonds and cilantro.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Wholesomelicious.com
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.