Crescent Chicken Bundles are stuffed with a cream cheese and chicken mixture and baked until golden and flaky. They are pure heaven. Buttery, creamy heaven.
Such a breeze to make for a kid-friendly dinner.
What You’ll Need:
- Cooked Chicken. Use rotisserie chicken, poached chicken, baked chicken, or some that you have cooked in a crockpot.
- A block of cream cheese. Soften it so that you will have an easy time mixing the filling together.
- Milk, half-and-half or cream
- Green onions. You can leave them out if you wish or substitute with a few teaspoons of dried parsley flakes.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper if you want a little heat.
- Seasoned dry stuffing mix. It adds a little flavor and crunch to the exterior, but you can easily omit this ingredient if you don’t have any on hand.
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough
CRESCENT CHICKEN BUNDLES RECIPE TIPS:
You can easily add a little steamed broccoli to the filling. Whenever I make these, I make one with just broccoli, no chicken, for my daughter. She is vegetarian. She loves it. I also add a little shredded cheddar cheese to hers.
You can easily cut the recipe in half to make 4.
The unbaked bundles can be frozen for up to 2 months. Place them in the freezer on a baking sheet. When they are partially frozen, transfer them to a ziplock freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake according to recipe instructions, adding a little baking time if they are still partially frozen.
I adore the buttery flavor of crescent rolls. A tube of crescent roll dough makes it simple to make a quick and easy dinner.
Try these other recipes using crescent dough:
- Crescent Lasagna
- BBQ Chicken Crecent Pinwheels
- Cheesesteak Crescent Braid
- Reuben Crescent Rolls
- Peaches and Cream Crescent Bars
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (8-ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing, Stovetop or Pepperidge Farm is what I use
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, use a hand-held mixer or a wooden spoon to mix the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together.
- Stir in the chicken and green onions.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into 8 rectangles. Try to stretch them a little into more of a square shape. Press on the preforations to seal them.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly between the 8 pieces of dough, placing it in the center of each piece.
- Bring the edges of the dough up to the center to form a bundle and press to seal the edges.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Sprinkle the tops with the stuffing mix and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?