Crescent Beef Burritos- a taco meat filling is wrapped up in crescent roll dough, baked until golden and covered with cheeese. Quick and easy for a weeknight meal.
Only 6 ingredients needed to make this family favorite. It’s a wonderfully easy and delicious dinner that can be made in just 30 minutes. This recipe yields 8 burritos. You can easily half the recipe. Leftovers also reheat well.
I love to use crescent rolls as a base for an easy dinner. They cook up so buttery, flaky, and good and make a great crust or topping for a casserole. In this case they take the place of a tortilla and I have to say, it is a great substitution. These Crescent Beef Burritos are fabulously hearty and filling and wonderfully kid-friendly. The crescent roll dough is filled with a taco meat/refried bean mixture. You could add addtional ingredients, but I like to keep it really simple. The taco meat mixture gets spread on the crescent roll dough and then rolled up. It’s baked until golden and then sprinkled with cheese. That’s how simple this recipe is!
You can top them with all kinds of toppings to add more flavor.
How To Make Crescent Beef Burritos?
Cook and crumble the ground beef. Add the taco seasoning and some water and simmer until thickened. Stir in the refried beans. That’s it for the filling!
Separate the crescent roll dough into triangles and press on the preforations to seal them. Spread the filling on the dough, going almost to the edges. Roll each one up and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes. Top with cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted. Top with toppings and serve.
What are Good Topppings for this recipe?
- Sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Pickled jalapenos
- diced avaocado or guacamole
More Recipes Using Crescent Roll Dough:
- Crescent Chicken Bundles
- Sausage Crescent Roll Casserole
- Crescent Lasagna
- BBQ Chicken Crescent Pinwheels
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1.25-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup salsa
- cilnatro, olives, pickled jalapenos, sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble the ground beef. When no pink is left, add the taco seasoning and water. Cook for 2 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated.
- Stir in the refried beans and remove from heat.
- Separate each roll of dough into 4 rectangles and press on the preforations to seal.
- Spread about 1/3 cup of ground beef mixture on each rectangle.Roll up starting at a short side. Place seam side down on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle cheese on top of each one and place back in the oven for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Top with salsa and whichever toppings you like.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.