Slow Cooker Jalapeno Creamed Spinach is so cheesy and rich. It makes the perfect side for grilled steak.
Creamed spinach isn’t something I make often, but I really do love it. And I discovered it is really a cinch to make in a crock pot. So maybe I’ll start making it more. 🙂
Creamed spinach can be a little bland. But not this one. It has a spicy kick to it from a fresh jalapeno plus some Tabasco sauce and Mexican-flavored Velveeta. Have you tried the Mexican-flavored Velveeta? It’s an awesome way to add flavor and spice to food along with a whole lot of cheese flavor.
This Slow Cooker Creamed Spinach also has 2 whole packages of cream cheese in it. The cream cheese makes it super rich and decadent. Just a little scoop of this creamed spinach will be all you need to feel satisfied.
For flavoring, I’ve added a garlic clove, some onion, plus a little Worcestershire sauce. I find Worcestershire sauce adds great flavor to just about anything savory.
- 4 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces Velveeta hot Mexican flavor, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Grease a 4 to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to crock pot, stirring to mix.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, stirring halfway through.
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Slow Cooker Sides
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.