Crock Pot Corn Casserole is a classic side dish made with corn, cornbread mix, sour cream, butter, and cheddar cheese. It’s fabulously creamy and delicious with lots of sweet corn flavor.
Since this recipe is made with canned corn, it can be enjoyed all year long. You can substitute fresh corn kernels during the summer months.
This Crock Pot Corn Casserole recipe is wonderfully quick and easy to make. Just mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and dump them in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 4 hours. Only about 5 minutes of hands on time is needed. Great for a holiday meal and pairs wonderfully with any type of meat. I hardly ever meet anyone who doesn’t like corn so this casserole is a great choice when cooking for family or guests.
Tips for making Crock Pot Corn Casserole:
- You can substitute 4 cups of fresh corn kernels for the 2 cans of whole-kernel corn. No need to cook it first. Or you can use frozen corn. Thaw it first for best results.
- Try using Pepper Jack cheese instead of cheddar for a little heat.
- Add a can of diced green chilies or a tablespoon of diced jalapeno for a little heat.
- For a super rich version try adding a combination of sour cream and softened cream cheese (1/2 cup sour cream and 4 ounces of cream cheese.)
- You have to watch the time with this casserole, especially if cooking on high. You want to cook it until the center is set, but cook it too long and the edges will burn. Each crock pot cooks a little differently.
- I use Jiffy cornbread mix, but any 8.5-ounce box will do.
- Place a double layer of paper towels right under the lid to catch the condensation. This will help the casserole set up.
More Corn Recipes:
- Best Way to Cook Corn on the Cob
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- 12 Bones Corn Pudding
- Country-Fried Corn
- Roasted Corn Salsa
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Corn Casserole
Crock Pot Corn Casserole
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (15-ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole sweet corn, drained
- 2 (8.5-ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, stir together eggs and creamed corn until mixed well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker. Place a double layer of paper towels just beneath the lid.Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours or on Low for 4 hours or until the center is set.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
32 thoughts on “Crock Pot Corn Casserole”
can you warm it? Can i make it ahead of time?
Will this fit in a 4.5 qt 😬
This was delicious. I made it today. I followed the recipe exactly except when I opened my sour cream I discovered it was old, so I substituted some whole milk ricotta that I had. This tastes a lot like the frozen Stouffer corn soufflé that isn’t sold in my area of the US anymore. My daughter and I loved that.
I lost my old recipe and so tried this one. We followed some of the options… specifically, we added the can of drained green chiles, substituted half the sour cream with 4 oz. cream cheese, and half of the cheddar for pepper jack cheese. It was amazing. The chiles and cheese added a touch of heat, but not so much that my wimpy kids wouldn’t eat it (which means it was still quite mild, but flavorful). You could probably add even more heat and it would still be good. Overall this was an improvement over my old, plainer recipe (which I also thought was good). So tasty.
I started making this recipe back in the late 80’s. I always got compliments on it. It’s such an easy recipe. And tastes oh so good. I lost my recipe. Then fortunately I found this one. Thank you
If you double recipe does it fit in a 6 qt slow cooker? How do I adjust the cook time?
Cook for 5-6 hours, stirring once after 3 hours.