Cheddar Corn Casserole is a rich and delicious side dish with lots of cheese and bacon plus a few jalapenos to spice it up. It only takes minutes to prepare and will go perfectly with your Christmas or Easter ham.
This Cheddar Corn Casserole from Del Monte’s website is sure to become a holiday favorite.
Quick Prep Time
Made with Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, shredded cheddar cheese, cream cheese, green onions, and bacon, it takes only 10 minutes to prep and then another 35 minutes in the oven.
How To Serve
Makes a great holiday side with Christmas or Easter ham and also works well as a Thanksgiving side. Quick and easy enough to make for a weeknight dinner.
If your family is like mine, the Holidays are all about the sides. Del Monte® has lots of #10MinuteWow recipes that only require 10 minutes or less of prep time including Sweet & Spicy Carrots, Sweet Pea Deviled Eggs, and Golden Sweet Cornbread. It’s so easy to throw together 2 or 3 so that there is a favorite for everyone.
The sweetness and crispness of the yellow corn together with so much creamy cheesiness is hard to resist. But luckily, not only is this casserole super quick to put together, it makes a large amount and can easily feed your extended family.
Prep Ahead and Storage
This casserole can be preppped ahead of time, covered and refrigerated. It will take a few extra minutes in the oven. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days and reheated in the microwave.
More Side Dish Casseroles
- Southern Broccoli Casserole
- Pineapple Casserole
- Lima Bean Casserole
- Old-Fashioned Cabbage Casserole
- Yellow Squash Casserole
Cheddar Corn Casserole
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese,
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cups sliced green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 4 (15.25-ounce) cans Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss together cheese, flour, and pepper. Set aside.
- Stir together milk, cream cheese, 1/3 cup green onions, and jalapenos in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Add corn and cheese mixture and stir to mix evenly.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle with remaining green onions and the bacon. Place back in oven for 5 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted March 14, 2016.
This Cheddar Corn Casserole would also be a great way to make use of leftover Easter ham. Just add 2 cups of chopped ham to the ingredient list.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Del Monte. The opinions and text are all mine.