Both whole kernel corn and creamy corn are combined with sour cream, an egg, onion, corn bread mix, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos for a creamy, cheesy, sweet and spicy Cheesu Jalapeno Corn Casserole. This is a side dish that is guaranteed to make your mouth water!
This is a recipe I added to our Thanksgiving menu this year along with Cheesy Green Bean Casserole and Broccoli Casserole. It was such a hit and so easy to make, I think it will become a weeknight favorite.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole couldn’t be easier to make. It’s a dump all ingredients in a bowl and stir kind of recipe. The casserole is put in the oven to bake and once it is almost done, I add more cheese on top. Everything is better with a warm and melted layer of cheese on top.
A carton of sour cream makes this casserole really creamy and rich.
I added fresh jalapenos for some spice. You can’t see them in the pictures, but I promise you they are there. You could use pickled jalapenos instead or a small can of diced green chilies. Or just leave them out. It’s still a delicious casserole with no peppers at all.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole makes a delicious southern side for a holiday meal or a regular weeknight meal.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Instagram.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn, drained well
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (7.5-oz) package corn muffin mix, I use Martha White
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish. (or you can use a smaller one but you will have to cook it longer.)
- In a large bowl stir together corn, sour cream, and egg.
- Mix in onion, jalapenos, garlic powder, paprika, salt, melted butter, corn muffin mix, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and continue to cook until set in the middle, about 15 to 20 more minutes. It is done when there is only a slight jiggle in the middle when you shake the dish.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
38 thoughts on “Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole”
I made this Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole recipe as a side with our 2022 Thanksgiving dinner, and everyone who would taste it LOVED it! I’m making it again for our 2022 Christmas dinner. 🙂
No one sells corn muffin mix here where I live. Is there a good substitute?
I have made this several times now, it’s an amazing recipe. We love Jalipinos, so we add extra! Great for family gatherings.
My family loves the Cheesey jalopeno corn casserole!!
I have been making it for 2 years. Wonderful
Fort Wayne iN
Made this for Thanksgiving, everyone loved it! It’s my new go to corn casserole recipe and I’ll be taking this to potlucks in the future!
I’ve made lots of corn casseroles and often they are soggy in the middle but this one was tasty and perfect. As I always do, I substitute a bag of frozen corn for the can of corn
What if you don’t have creamed corn, can you add milk instead?
Just made this tonight. It’s da bomb.com. 10/10 would recommend!
Can you make it the day before?
So easy to make and it’s a big hit at every party I take it to!