Both whole kernel corn and creamy corn are combined with sour cream, an egg, onion, corn bread mix, cheddar cheese, and jalapenos for a creamy, cheesy, sweet and spicy Cheesu Jalapeno Corn Casserole. This is a side dish that is guaranteed to make your mouth water!
This is a recipe I added to our Thanksgiving menu this year along with Cheesy Green Bean Casserole and Broccoli Casserole. It was such a hit and so easy to make, I think it will become a weeknight favorite.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole couldn’t be easier to make. It’s a dump all ingredients in a bowl and stir kind of recipe. The casserole is put in the oven to bake and once it is almost done, I add more cheese on top. Everything is better with a warm and melted layer of cheese on top.
A carton of sour cream makes this casserole really creamy and rich.
I added fresh jalapenos for some spice. You can’t see them in the pictures, but I promise you they are there. You could use pickled jalapenos instead or a small can of diced green chilies. Or just leave them out. It’s still a delicious casserole with no peppers at all.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole makes a delicious southern side for a holiday meal or a regular weeknight meal.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Casserole
- 1 (11-ounce) can corn, drained well
- 1 (14.75-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (7.5-oz) package corn muffin mix, I use Martha White
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish. (or you can use a smaller one but you will have to cook it longer.)
- In a large bowl stir together corn, sour cream, and egg.
- Mix in onion, jalapenos, garlic powder, paprika, salt, melted butter, corn muffin mix, and 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle cheese on top and continue to cook until set in the middle, about 15 to 20 more minutes. It is done when there is only a slight jiggle in the middle when you shake the dish.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.