Slow Cooker Creamed Corn cooks up super creamy and sweet. Cream cheese, butter, and half-and-half make this a rich and indulgent side dish. This easy crock pot recipe only takes about 5 minutes to prep and then 4 hours in the slow cooker.
It may not seem like it needs to cook that long, but it is the length of time that really thickens it up. It will thicken more as it cooks.
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn makes a great side dish for Thanksgiving or Easter and is a welcome addition to any family meal. The cream cheese makes it much richer than your typical creamed corn. I like to add a few crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
For holiday meals especially, I love making use of my slow cooker. No standing over the stove stirring and no need to worry about oven space. Plus slow cookers are great for preparing foods a little in advance and keeping them warm.
This indugent side dish with tender, sweet pieces of corn covered in creamy goodness is a must make recipe.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Green Beans Casserole
- Slow Cooker Barbecued Green Beans
Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 2 pounds frozen corn
- Mix together half-and-half, cornstarch, sugar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add butter, cream cheese, and frozen corn. Mix together
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, stirring a few times during that time. It will thicken more as it cools.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Simple Kitchen
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.