Sloppy Joe Crescent Squares – an easy, from-scratch sloppy joe mixture is sandwiched between 2 sheets of crescent roll dough with cheddar cheese. A great kid-friendly dinner and so easy to make!
The sloppy joe mixture is perfectly sweet and tangy with onion and bell pepper.
3 Easy Steps
(Full instructions in recipe box below.)
- Step 1– Brown the ground beef mixture and make the sloppy joe mixture.
- Step 2– Asssemble. Unroll a sheet of crescent roll dough and place in the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with sloppy joe mixture and shredded cheddar cheese. Unroll the second tube of crescent roll dough on top to fully cover the sloppy joe mixture. Brush dough with a little milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Step 3– Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before cutting into squares.
How To Serve Sloppy Joe Crescent Squares
I love to serve these Sloppy Joe Crescent Squares with a garden salad with Creamy Italian Dressing or Buttermilk Garlic Dressing.
How To Make Spicy
To make these Crescent Squares spicy, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the sloppy joe mixture.
Make Ahead and Storage
The sloppy joe mixture can be made up to 48 hours in advance and then the recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prep. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days.
Use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of ground beef.
Use pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese.
Add a diced jalapeno pepper to the sloppy joe mixture for some heat.
More Sloppy Joe Favorites
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Sloppy Joe Frito Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Potato Skins
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes
- Sloppy Joe French Bread Pizza
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
Sloppy Joe Crescent Squares
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (8-ounce) cans crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Brown ground beef in a large nonstick skillet, crumbling it as it cooks.Add onion and green pepper when ground beef is about halfway cooked.If there is alot of grease, drain some of it off.
- Add tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper.Simmer mixture for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.Unroll 1 tube of crescent dough and shape to fit bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread sloppy joe mixture on top of crescent roll dough.Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Unroll second tube of crescent dough and lay it on top.Brush top of dough with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.Let cool some and then cut into squares.