Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes are a fun twist on a classic recipe. Absolutely loaded with Tex Mex flavor. Great for a weeknight dinner.
Easy Family Meal
Sloppy Joes are one of my favorite family meals. There is so much to love about them. I don’t think there’s any better way to turn a pound of ground beef into a meal that will feed the whole family. They can be made in under 30 minutes or even made in advance and reheated. Scroll down for more Sloppy Joe Recipes.
I’ve made lots of variations of sloppy joes. A good sloppy joe has a mix of sweet, salty, and tangy. This one has all that an more. There’s lots of Tex-Mex flavor. Jalapenos and chipotle peppers for a little heat, plus chili powder, ground cumin, paprika, oregano, and salsa. I also like to add a little canned corn, but it can be left out.
Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes Recipe Tip
I like to use lean ground beef, but you can use any fat percent. Just drain off the grease if there is a lot of it.
How To Serve
I like to serve this sloppy joe mixture on toasted hamburger buns. Chips and queso or frozen fries cooked in the oven or air fryer make a great side.
The sloppy joe mixture can be made a day or two in advance and refrigerated. You can reheat it in the microwave. Leftovers will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Sloppy Joes Recipes
- Brown Sugar Bacon Sloppy Joes
- Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
- Root Beer Sloppy Joes
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
- Sloppy Joe Frito Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup canned corn, drained
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ground beef. Cook until ground beef is browned, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes to thicken.
- Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
1 thought on “Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes”
We thought this was delicious and loved how spicy it was. Definitely will be making this one again!