Pulled Pork Enchiladas- with a pulled pork filling and a little bbq sauce, these enchiladas have a little southern flair.
Pulled Pork Filling
The filling is a combination of pulled pork, bbq sauce, black beans, corn, and green onions. Use either homemade pulled pork or pick some up from your favorite bbq restaurant.
Easy Green Enchilada Sauce
The sauce is a simple mixture of store-bought green enchilada sauce, diced green chilies, heavy cream, and chicken broth.
Is This Dish Spicy?
If you use spicy enchilada sauce, this recipe will have some heat. For more spice, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the filling and/or serve with Cholulu Hot Sauce.
What To Serve With Pulled Pork Enchiladas?
- Perfect Mexican Rice
- Mexican Coleslaw
- Spicy Black Beans
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans
Use you favorite store-bought bbq sauce.
I like to use flour tortillas, but corn tortillas are more traditional. Use what you like.
Make Ahead and Storage
The filling can be mixed together and the enchiladas assembled a day in advance. You can also mix together all the sauce ingredients. Just before baking, pour the sauce ingredients on top. Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days and can be reheated in the microwave.
More Enchiladas Recipes
- Southern Breakfast Enchiladas with Sausage Gravy
- Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Red Enchiladas with Beef
- Creamy Chicken and Collard Greens Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 pounds pulled pork
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) corn
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (10-ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced Hatch chiles, undrained
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Salsa, sour cream, cilantro, sliced green onions, for serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together all filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stack tortillas on a microwave-safe plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 40 seconds.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of filling on each tortilla. Top with about 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Roll each one up and place seam side down in prepared baking dish.If there is extra filling you can place it in the baking dish, stuffing it between the enchiladas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce, green chilies, heavy cream, and chicken broth.
- Pour over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with Aluminum Foil. (Spray the underside of foil with cooking spray so the cheese won't stick to it.)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- To serve, top with desired toppings (sour cream, salsa, green onions, cilantro.)