Ground Beef Enchiladas are baked in a richly flavored red sauce and covered in cheese. Top them with cilantro, sour cream, and olives for an amazing Mexican meal.
Recipes that turn a pound of ground beef into a meal that can feed an entire family are some of my favorites. The filling for these Ground Beef Enchiladas is fantastically seasoned with onion, cumin, chili powder, oregano, and garlic powder. Plus there’s a can of stewed tomatoes to help bind everything together and add more tomato flavor.
A can of beef broth gives the tomato sauce a rich flavor. It’s also heavily seasoned with garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano.
To finish these enchiladas off, there is a thick layer of gooey, melted Mexican cheese.
What To Serve with Ground Beef Enchiladas:
- Fire-Roasted Salsa
- Jalapeno Popper Guacamole
- Mexican Rice
- Slow Cooker Spicy Pinto Beans
- Spicy Black Beans
How To Add More Spice To This Recipe:
The chili powder gives these enchiladas some spice, but if you want to raise the heat level, add a chopped jalapeno to the skillet when you cook the ground beef and onion, add a half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the sauce, or serve the enchiladas with sliced pickled jalapenos and Cholulu hot sauce.
If you want to try another amazing beef enchiladas recipe, try these Red Enchiladas with Beef. They take a little longer to make, but are filled with the most deliciously flavored tender chunks of beef.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes,
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teapsoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 6 to 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- toppings- olives, cilantro, sliced pickled jalapenos, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lghtly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Make filling. In a large nonstick skillet, cook ground beef and onion, crumbling beef, until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Add seasonings and stewed tomatoes. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to break the tomato pieces into smaller pieces.
- While filling is cooking, make sauce. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in the beef broth and the tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 minute. Add seasonings. Remove from heat.
- Pour about 1 1/2 cups of sauce into the baking dish.Place about 1/4 cup of filling off-center on each tortilla. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese over the filling on each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over the tortillas.Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with toppings.
Want to Save This Recipe?