Nutella Muddy Buddies (aka Puppy Chow) are the most addicting snack ever. All the deliciousness of regular Muddy Buddies plus that irresistible chocolate/hazelnut flavor.
It is next to impossible to stop eating this stuff. It pretty much should only be made for large gatherings or holidays when you can count on it disappearing in a hurry. Wonderfully sweet and fabulously crunchy, this beloved cereal snack can’t be beat. I like to add in some M&Ms for both color and extra chocolate flavor. I also add a few pretzels for a salty crunch.
This yummy snack is quick and easy to prepare. You only need 7 ingredients and about 15 minutes of time.
How To Make Nutella Muddy Buddies:
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large Dutch oven or pot, melt the butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Nutella.
- Stir in the cereal, pretzels, and M&Ms.
- Sprinkle half the powdered sugar over the mixture and mix it in.
- Add the remaining powdered sugar and stir well.
- Spread out onto prepared baking sheet and let cool completely.
Either the M&Ms or the pretzels can be left out. If leaving the pretzels out, add another cup or two of cereal.
Will keep in an airtight container (a ziplock bag is fine) for up to a week.
Try These Other Sweet and Salty Snacks:
- Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
- Potato Chip Clusters
- Chocolate Covered Pringles
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 cups rice or corn chex cereal
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup M&M's
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large Dutch oven, melt chocolate chips and butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Nutella .Add the cereal and pretzels and mix them in.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Sprinkle half the confectioners' sugar over the mixture and stir to mix in.
- Sprinkle the remaining confectioners' sugar over the mixture and stir it in.
- Spread mixture out on the prepared baking sheet and let cool completely.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.