This crunchy Bourbon Peanut Brittle is flavored with a hint of bourbon. It’s a delicious sweet and salty snack and makes a great addition to the holiday cookie tray.
With a candy thermometer, this recipe is easy to make. And it’s quick too. It can be entirely made in under 20 minutes.
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Candy Thermometer. There are two important temperatures to look for. When the mixture reaches 270 degrees, you’ll stir in the peanuts. When it gets to 300 degrees, you’ll remove it from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients. As long as you watch the temperature carefully, your brittle will turn out perfectly.
- A heavy-bottomed saucepan. It will allow for even cooking and keep the mixture from burning.
- Parchment Paper or a Nonstick Baking Mat. DO NOT use wax paper. The wax will melt and stick to the peanut brittle.
Bourbon Peanut Brittle Recipe Tips:
- Get all the ingredients measured out and ready to go.
- Don’t forget the baking soda. It adds lots of bubbles to the brittle and gives it a lighter, brittle-like texture that makes it easier to bite into. The mixture will foam when you add the baking soda. This is normal. Immediately after stirring it in, pour the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- You can sprinkle sea salt on the brittle when you spread it out, but if you use fully salted peanuts, you don’t really need it.
- The alcohol gets cooked off so there’s no need to worry about kids eating this brittle.
- It’s usually best to make candy when it’s not too humid outside.
- This recipe makes a fairly small batch, about 4 cups. You can easily double the recipe.
- Makers Mark is my favorite bourbon to use, but you can use any bourbon.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Will keep for several weeks.
Try These Other Sweet Treats Flavored With Bourbon:
- Bourbon Balls
- Bourbon Graham Cracker Candy
- Chocolate Covered Bourbon Soaked Twinkies
- Double Frosted Bourbon Brownies
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 3/4 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon salted butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan, stir together the granulated sugar, corn syrup and bourbon.
- Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a mixture reaches 270 degrees on a candy thermometer. (Fix the thermometer to the side of the saucepan.)
- When temperature reaches 270, immediately stir in the peanuts.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until temperature reaches 300.
- Remove saucepan from heat and immediately stir in butter, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Quickly pour onto the prepared baking sheet and use an offset spatula to spread it in a thin layer.
- Let cool completely and then break into pieces.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: Bake From Scratch
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.