Double Frosted Bourbon Brownies are super moist and chocolaty brownies with tons of walnuts, drizzled with two coatings of frosting. These rich and boozy brownies are not for the faint of heart.
Calling all bourbon enthusiasts! Discover a match made in heaven with these Double Frosted Bourbon Brownies. The smooth notes of bourbon beautifully complement the fudge texture of brownies.
And they are not for children either since the bourbon is added to the cooked brownies. These are strictly an adult only treat. I’m ok with that.
With a hefty dose of bourbon flavor, these Double Frosted Bourbon Brownies are maybe only for bourbon lovers. Luckily there are a lot of those. Sweet, delicious bourbon. It goes so well with chocolate. And many other flavors. I have a whole section of bourbon recipes if you’d like to take a peak. 🙂
This is an old, old recipe I’ve had for ages from the To Market, To Market cookbook by the Jr. League of Owensboro. Junior League Cookbooks are the best aren’t they? I love when I stumble across an old one at a flea market. They really contain a treasure of community recipes.
Two Layers Of Frosting!
The creamy white icing adds a sweet contrast to the deep chocolate flavor of the brownies. The luscious chocolate glaze adds a glassy finish that will have your taste buds begging for more.
How To Store
These brownies can be stored at room temperature for about 4 days or in the refrigerator for about 7 days. Or they can be frozen for up to 2 months.
In order to get nice clean cuts, it helps to not only completely cool the brownies, but to refrigerate them for a few hours.
These Double Frosted Bourbon Brownies are truly decadent. Drizzling, or maybe I should say soaking, the brownies with bourbon makes an extra moist and fudge-like brownie. They would be truly delicious on their own, but they’re taken to another level of deliciousness with a layer of white icing and a chocolate glaze. Truly scrumptious. Good thing you won’t have to share with your kids.
More Brownie Recipes
- Mint Julep Brownies
- Amaretto Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Fudge Topped Brownies
- Double Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- Lunch Lady Brownies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels (6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, shortening, and water. Over medium heat, bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chocolate morsels and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add dry ingredients and walnuts and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9-inch square pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Evenly drizzle bourbon over brownies. Cool brownies completely.
- For white icing, combine butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add in powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread brownies with White Icing.
- For Chocolate Glaze, combine morsels and shortening in a heavy bottomed small saucepan (or a double boiler). Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted.
- Pour warm Chocolate Glaze over top of white icing. Let set and cut into squares.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally posted October 11, 2014.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.