Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches have a chewy caramel and peanut buttter filling, the crunch of pretzels, and a chocolate coating. They make a great salty-sweet snack or holiday candy.
This candy is super easy to make and similar in flavor to these Rolo Stuffed Ritz Crackers.
- Pretzels- look for the square shaped pretzels. They work best for this recipe.
- Peanut Butter– I use Jiff Creamy.
- Rolos– buy them in a family-sized bag. If you can’t find them, try using mini Snickers.
- Powdered Sugar– gets mixed with the peanut butter to make it a little sweeter.
- Chocolate Chips– use either milk chocolate or semi-sweet or a combination.
Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches Recipe Tips:
- This is a great activity for kids to help with. They can unwrap the rolos, place the rolos on the pretzels, spread the peanut butter mixture on the pretzels, and dip them in chocolate.
- You’ll melt the chocolate chips with a little coconut oil or shortening. This will keep the chocolate just a little bit soft when it sets up, making it easier to bite into.
- Candy Melts or Almond Bark can be used instead of the chocolate chips and coconut oil or shortening.
- If you don’t like peanut butter or have a peanut allergy, the peanut butter can be left out.
- Try melting some butterscotch chips and drizzling it on the sandwiches instead of peanut butter.
- For the holidays, instead of drizzling peanut butter on top, decorate them with sprinkles.
- They will keep for 5-7 days at room temperature in an airtight container. Or store them for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches are a fabulously delicious salty/sweet snack and are positively addicting.
Try These Other Salty/Sweet Snacks:
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Bugles
- Cake Batter Popcorn
- Crock Pot Nut Clusters
- Buckeye Pretzel Bites
- 50 square pretzels
- 25 Rolo candies
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil or shortening
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange half the pretzels on the baking sheet and place a rolo on top of each one.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup peanut butter and powdered sugar. Spread about a teaspoon on each of the remaining pretzels.
- Place the rolo topped prezels in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take a peanut butter coated pretzels and press it peanut butter side down on top of a rolo topped pretzel to make a sandwich. Press just until the rolo goes to the pretzel edges.Repeat with remaining pretzels.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil or shortening in a microwave-safe bowl or heavy bottomed saucepan. Microwave at 20 second intervals until melted or heat over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted.
- One at a time, dip the sandwiches in the chocolate and then place on parchment paper to set up.I place them on a fork to lower them into the chocolate and flip them over. As you lift them, you can run the fork along the edge of the bowl or saucepan to get rid of the excess chocolate.
- Once set, heat the remaining peanut butter in the microwave for about 12 seconds. Stir it and transfer to a plastic bag. Snip the corner and drizzle the peanut butter on top of the sandwiches.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adpted from Delish
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.