Ground Beef Stroganoff is a budget-friendly way to eat Beef Stroganoff. The whole family will enjoy this creamy dish served with egg noodles.
This easy dinner can be made start to finish in under 30 minutes and leftovers reheat well. Great for turning a pond of ground beef into a filling meal that can easily serve 4 to 6 people.
Typically stroganoff is made with sirloin steak or tenderloin. Making it with ground beef is not only more economical, it is super easy to cook it and you don’t have to worry about the pieces of steak getting chewy or tough.
What To Serve With Ground Beef Stroganoff?
I love to serve this dish with green peas. Green beans or a green salad are also great choices. Add some Yeast Rolls or Potato Rolls to round out the meal.
My favorite part of Beef Stroganoff is the mushrooms. They get cooked first in a pan all by themselves for best flavor. You want to cook them until they turn a nice golden color. Be sure to season them well with salt.
Besides the mushrooms what I love most about stroganoff is the sour cream. It makes the sauce so creamy and good with a little tang.
Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe Tips:
If you don’t have white wine, you can leave it out and add a splash more chicken broth. Beef broth can be used instead of chicken broth, but I like the lighter flavor that chicken broth adds.
I recommend using a lean ground beef for this recipe, but you can use a fattier ground beef. Just be sure to drain off some of the fat.
More Top Rated Recipes Using Ground Beef:
- Homestyle Ground Beef Casserole
- Beef and Bean Burritos
- Beef Chimichangas
- BBQ Ground Beef Biscuit Cups
- Beef Florentine Casserole
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teapsoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- egg noodles, cooked
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.When hot add the mushrooms and cook until browned. Season with salt and set the mushrooms aside.
- Add the ground beef and onion to the same skillet. Crumble the beef as it cooks.
- When there is no pink left in the beef, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and cook and stir for 1 minute.Add the wine and cook and stir for 30 seconds.Gradually mix in the chicken broth.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and mustard. Continue to cook an stir for 2 to 3 minutes. If too thick, add a little more chicken broth.
- Turn heat down to low and stir in the sour cream, the mushrooms, and the noodles.Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with parsley.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
1 thought on “Ground Beef Stroganoff”
Perfect, easy, and delicious 😊🙏 thank you for sharing!! I made mine without the wine since I didn’t have any, and added extra broth to make it a little more saucy 😊 also a little extra mushrooms and spices 😊 thanks again!!