BBQ Ground Beef Biscuit Cups- refrigerated biscuits filled with a sweet and savory bbq ground beef mixture and topped with cheese. Such an easy family lunch or dinner recipe.
Serve with a side salad and you have a filling, tasty meal that kids will love. Leftovers can be refrigerated for 3 days. These biscuit cups are a great way to stretch a pound of ground beef into a filling meal. And it’s such an economical meal.
I like to spice these BBQ Ground Beef Biscuit Cups up some by adding chopped pickled jalapeno peppers.
This is a quick and easy recipe that only takes about 25 minutes to make. The ground beef filling can even be made in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to serve the biscuit cups.
- You can use ground chicken or ground turkey instead of ground beef.
- You can use anything from 80% lean ground beef to 93% lean. If using an 80%, be sure to drain off some of the grease after you brown it.
- Use your favorite BBQ Sauce for this recipe. If you use a sweet bbq sauce, omit the brown sugar. You won’t need it. If you use a vinegary and tangy bbq sauce, go ahead and add the brown sugar.
- Get the GRANDS biscuits (you will need 5) and peel each biscuit into 2 biscuits. If using regular-sized biscuits, do not peel them into 2 and use 10 biscuits.
- Can be frozen but withhold the cheese. Bake them, let them cool completely and freeze them in a freezer bag. Bake the frozen biscuits at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, then add cheese and bake until cheese is fully melted.
These BBQ Beef Biscuit Cups are so fun to eat and they can even be eaten with your hands.
You Might Also Like These Recipes:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped up pickled jalapenos, optional
- 1 (5-count) can Grands refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or American cheese
- Brown ground beef in a nonstick skillet, crumbling it as it cooks. Drain off any grease.
- Stir in the bbq sauce, minced onion, brown sugar if using, mustard, and jalapenos. Simmer for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Separate each biscuit into 2 pieces by pulling apart the layers. Stretch each piece and mold it into the bottom and up the sides of the muffin cups.
- Divide the ground beef mixture between the biscuit-lined cups.
- Top each one with cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges of the biscuits are golden. Let sit for 1 minute and then run a knife around the edge of each one to loosen and remove them from the pan.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.