Sausage Gravy Biscuit Cups are a fun, portable way to eat Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Only 6 ingredients and about 25 minutes of time are needed for this delicious southern breakfast. I love this easy recipe every bit as much as Sausage Gravy Stuffed Biscuits.
These Sausage Gravy Biscuit Cups are so good y’all!! A buttery golden biscuit cup holds a delightfully creamy sausage gravy flavored with a little cheddar cheese.
HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE GRAVY BISCUIT CUPS:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Brown sausage in a large nonstick pan, breaking it up as much as possible while it cooks.
- Sprinkle the flour on top of the sausage. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken and then add salt and pepper to taste, the garlic powder, and cheddar cheese.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly while you separate each of 6 biscuits into 2 pieces and press one into the bottom and up the sides of each muffin cup.
- Fill the cups with sausage gravy and bake until golden brown.
TIPS FOR MAKING SAUSAGE GRAVY BISCUIT CUPS:
- You can use regular, hot, or sage breakfast sausage. I typically use Jimmy Dean.
- To make them a little richer, replace 1 cup of milk with heavy cream.
A warm buttery biscuit filled with rich, creamy sausage gravy makes a southern breakfast like no other!
More Sausage Gravy Recipes:
Sausage Gravy Biscuit Cups are a fun, portable way to eat Sausage Gravy and Biscuits. Only 6 ingredients and about 25 minutes of time are needed for this delicious southern breakfast.
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1 (8-count) tube Grands biscuits, flaky layers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
Brown sausage in a large nonstick pan, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
Once sausage is completely cooked, sprinkle flour on it. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes to thicken. Add garlic powder and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add cheese and stir until melted.
Let gravy cool slightly and it will thicken and be easier to scoop.
Separate each biscuit into 2 pieces. (Note: you will only use 6 biscuits. You can bake the extra 2 whole.)
Press each biscuit piece into a muffin cup, pressing it up the sides as much as possible.
Fill biscuit cups with sausage gravy. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool a few minutes and then run a knife around the edges and lift out of cups.
You can use regular, spicy, or sage ground breakfast sausage.