Ground Beef Quesadillas- taco-seasoned ground beef, corn, lots of gooey melted cheese, and a crispy, golden exterior make these easy quesadillas hard to beat. Pure Mexican comfort food!
Quesadillas are easy to whip up, plus they’re one of the more economical meals you can make. They are equally good for lunch, dinner, or a snack.
How To Make These Ground Beef Quesadillas Spicy:
Use “Hot” taco seasoning. Serve with Cholulu Hot Sauce and sliced pickled jalapenos, plus spicy salsa.
What to Serve with These Quesadillas:
The ground beef filling can be made a day in advance. Just microwave it to bring it to room temperature before assembling your quesadillas.
I add a small can of yellow corn to the filling but you could add black beans instead of or in addition to the corn.
It doesn’t really matter what size flour tortillas you use.
For extra flavor, brown the quesadillas in a combination of vegetable oil and melted butter.
I like to use as much filling and cheese as I can get to fit.
Quesadillas are one of my favorite things to make. Everyone loves them.
Try These Other Delicious Quesadilla Recipes:
- Shrimp, Bacon & Corn Quesadillas
- Chicken, Bacon & Ranch Quesadillas
- Spicy Beef Quesadillas
- Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
Ground Beef Quesadillas
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet or yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) can yellow corn, drained
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- sour cream, guacamole, pickled jalapenos, Cholulu hot sauce optional
- Add ground beef and onion to a nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat, crumbling the ground beef as it cooks.
- When ground beef is no longer pink, add the taco seasoning , tomato paste and water. Cook and stir for a few minutes to thicken.
- Stir in corn and remove from heat.
- On half of each tortilla, sprinkle some cheese and arrange 1/6 of the filling on top. Sprinkle with a little more cheese.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Fold the quesadillas in half and cook them 2 at a time until they are golden on each side and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve with toppings.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.