Creamy Taco Spaghetti is so wonderfully creamy and cheesy and full of Tex-Mex flavor. Can be made start to finish in just 20 minutes.
Top with chopped fresh cilantro and pickled jalalpenos and you have a plate full of comfort food.
A packet of taco seasoning is a huge short-cut for this recipe. It adds pretty much all the flavor you need. I add just a tablespoon of tomato paste because a little tomato flavor is a must for me when it comes to pasta. I like to buy the tomato paste in a tube. It will keep in the refrigerator for weeks once it is opened and is great for when you need just a little tomato paste for a recipe.
The creaminess comes from a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and some Velveeta cheese. To up the cheese flavor, there’s also 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese, either Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese, depending on your preference. Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack would work well too.
To save time, while the water is coming to a boil, start browning the ground beef.
I like to add a can of black beans, but you can leave them out if you don’t like black beans. Or you can use a can of drained corn instead.
How To Make Creamy Taco Spaghetti Spicy:
Use “Hot” taco seasoning, “Hot” Rotel tomatoes, and serve with Cholulu hot sauce.
It’s so quick and easy to make, it’s perfect for a weeknight meal. Leftovers reheat well.
Not a very diet-friendly recipe but very friendly and economical. I like to serve it with a side salad to make it a little healthier.
Try These Other Easy Dinners With Tex-Mex Flavor!
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Creamy Taco Spaghetti
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook pasta in salted water according to packgae directions. Drain.
- Cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet until no loger pink, crumbling it as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over ground beef and add water. Cook over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to mix well.
- Add tomato paste, Rotel tomatoes, condensed soup, and velveeta cheese, and cheddar cheese. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Add the cooked pasta and black beans. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.