Easy Beef Burrito Skillet is full of ground beef, lots of cheese, black beans, salsa, and tortilla strips. It will satisfy all of your burrito cravings.
This easy Tex-Mex meal can be made start to finish in just 20 minutes. There’s so much flavor in this one dish meal. Add toppings for even more flavor.
What to top Easy Beef Burrito Skillet With?
- chopped fresh cilantro
- diced red onion
- sliced black olives
- diced avocado
- sour cream
- sliced pickled jalapenos
Because this dish is all made in one pan, there’s very little clean-up.
How To Make This Dish Spicy?
Use “Hot” taco seasoning, spicy hot salsa, or add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. It also tastes great served with Cholulu hot sauce for more flavor and heat.
- Ground turkey can be substituted for ground beef.
- Instead of using black beans, you can use pinto beans or you can stir in a half can of refried beans.
- Corn tortillas can be used instead of flour.
- A small can of corn makes another great addition to this one pot dinner. Drain it and it it to the skillet when you stir in the beans.
For a quick and easy meal, you can’t beat this Easy Beef Burrito Skillet. It’s a wonderfully filling and satisfying dinner.
Try These Other One Dish Tex-Mex Meals:
- Mexican Chicken Cornbread Casserole
- White Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- One Pot Creamy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Easy Beef Burrito Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 (6-inch) flour tortillas, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- sour cream, chopped red onion, chopped fresh cilantro
- Brown and crumble the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet. Drain off any grease.
- Add taco seasoning, water, salsa, and green chiles and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans. Add half the cheese and stir it in. Stir in the tortilla strips. Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Serve with sour cream, red onion, and cilantro.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.