Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas are filled with melted provolone cheese, tender crisp onions and peppers, fresh mushrooms, and seared steak slices. If you love a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, you will love these quesadillas. They are perfect for game day!
These Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas really have it all! You can dip them in salsa for even more flavor and sour cream goes great with them too. I like adding onions, peppers, and mushrooms to these quesadillas. You can leave the mushrooms out if you don’t like them.
If you want to, you can use chicken instead of beef.
I use sirloin or rib-eye for the steak. Use sirloin if you want to go a little leaner, and use rib-eye if you want all the juicy flavor that goes with a fattier meat.
I season the steak with steak seasoning for added flavor. Use any brand you like. I tend to use McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning.
To save time, cook the onions, peppers, mushrooms, and steak a day ahead of time and refrigerate them. Then just warm them in the microwave before making your quesadillas.
Mozzarella cheese can be used instead of provolone.
Try These Other Quesadilla Recipes:
- Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Quesadillas
- Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch Quesadillas
- Spicy Beef Quesadillas
Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle onion and peppers with 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place onions and peppers in heated pan and cook 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- If necessary, add a little more oil to the pan. Place over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, 1 teaspoon steak seasoning, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook steak until seared, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. If you like your steak well done, cook a little longer. Place steak in bowl with onions and peppers.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to pan and cook mushrooms until golden. Transfer to the bowl with steak, onions, and peppers.
- Wipe the pan clean. For each quesadilla add about 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to the pan. Place over medium heat.
- For each quesadilla, place about 3 slices cheese on one half of tortilla. Top cheese with steak, onion, and pepper mixture, using desired amount. Layer 3 more slices of cheese on top of filling and fold tortilla in half.
- Cook in heated pan until golden and crispy on each side. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
Originally published Oct 20, 2017.
More Cheese Steak Favorites
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.