Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Quesadillas are crispy on the outside and full of chopped chicken, crumbled bacon, green chiles, ranch dressing, and melted cheese. Serve them with salsa or pico de gallo for an awesome lunch or gameday snack.
The combination of chicken, bacon, and ranch is a real winner, especially when there’s melted cheese involved. These Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Quesadillas are a real hit with kids and older kids can easily make them as an afterschool snack if you have the filling premixed and ready to go in the refrigerator.
Tips for Making Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Quesadillas:
- I like to use rotisserie chicken, but any leftover cooked chicken can be used, even fried chicken.
- The filling can be made up to a day or two in advance, making these quesadillas fabulously quick and easy to make.
- A pizza cutter is really great for cutting them into triangles.
- I like to fry quesadillas in butter. You’ll need to be sure the heat doesn’t get too high or the butter will burn. Vegetable oil or olive oil can be used instead of butter for frying.
- Typically I like to grate my own cheese for recipes but for quesadillas, I really like to use pre-shredded packaged cheese. You can use cheddar, a Mexican blend or Colby Jack.
More Quesadilla Recipes:
- Spicy Beef Quesadillas
- Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
- BBQ Pork and Mango Quesadillas
- Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Quesadillas
Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Quesadillas
- 1 heaping cup chopped, cooked chicken
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2-3 tablespoons Ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon canned diced green chiles or jalapenos
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- additional ranch, salsa, and cilantro for serving, optional
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, bacon, Ranch dressing, and green chiles.
- For each quesadilla, place one tortilla on a flat surface. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese. Top the cheese with half the chicken mixture and then sprinkle on another 1/3 cup cheese.
- Top with a second tortilla.Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the quesadilla. Cook until the bottom is golden brown, flip over and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Repeat for the second quesadilla.
- Serve with additonal ranch, salsa, and cilantro if desired.