Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Quesadillas have a buttery, crispy exterior with lots of gooey cheese and filling. Serve with sour cream, salsa and/or guacamole for a really quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Can be made in less than 15 minutes!
The combination of shrimp, bacon, and corn is perfect. The bacon adds smokiness and saltiness and the corn adds a little sweetness. I also add some chopped pickled jalapenos for a little heat.
Quesadillas are so versatile and perfect for using up the odds and ends in your refrigerator.
You can use either fresh shrimp or frozen shrimp. If using frozen shrimp, be sure to thaw them first. Any size of shrimp work. If they are larger, just cut them into pieces. Likewise, any size tortilla can be used.
Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Quesadillas Recipe Tips:
This recipe would be great with chicken if you don’t have shrimp.
I like to fry my quesadillas in butter because I love the flavor, but you could use vegetable oil or olive oil.
The hardest part to making quesadillas is getting the heat just right. You want it hot enought that you have a nice crispy crust, but you don’t want the outside to burn before the cheese inside melts.
I love to serve these quesadillas with sour cream and either guacamole or salsa.
Try These Other Amazing Quesadilla Recipes:
- Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch Quesadillas
- Spicy Beef Quesadillas
- Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
- BBQ Pork and Mango Quesadillas
- Ground Beef Quesadillas
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 pound small to medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked corn, you can use canned, frozen, or fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- 4 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
- salsa, sour cream, or guacamole for serving
- Cook the bacon in a nonstick skillet until crisp. Crumble the bacon and set it aside. Pour out all but about 1 tabespoon of the bacon grease.
- Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper and cook in the bacon grease along with the green onion until pink.
- Combine the bacon, shrimp and green onion mixture, corn, and jalapenos in a bowl.
- For each quesadiila, sprinkle 1/4 of the cheese on half of a tortilla. Add 1/4 of the shrimp mixture, spreading it out evenly. Fold the tortilla over.
- Heat a little butter or vegetable oil over medium heat in a pan. Add the quesadilla and cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole.
Want to Save This Recipe?