BBQ Chicken Quesadillas are full of corn, cheese, and sweet and tangy chopped chicken. They make an excellent lunch or easy dinner.
Quick and Easy Meal
I love quesadillas for a quick and easy meal. They work either for lunch or dinner and kids love them. This whole meal can be made start to finish in under 30 minutes.
Use Rotisserie Chicken for Convenience.
Whenever I can, I use rottiserie chicken for recipes. It is so easy and convenient. Tip: Remove the chicken from the bones right when you get home from the store while it is still warm. It is much easier to remove meat from a warm chicken than it is a cold chicken. Place all the meat in a ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator. Huge time saver.
The filling can be prepared a day or two in advance. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use. Warm it some in the microwave before using so that it is at least room temperature.
Which BBQ Sauce To Use
How To Make BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- Heat a little olive oil in a 12-inch skillet. Cook the onion until soft.
- In a medium bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- Melt a little butter in the same 12-inch skillet. If you don’t want to use butter, you can use olive oil or vegetable oil. Place a tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle half with cheese and then spread some filling mixture over the cheese. Top with more cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook until golden on both sides. Be sure the cheese is melted.
A pizza cutter is really handy for quickly and easily cutting the quesadillas into wedges.
Also great with a few black beans added.
Make It Spicy
If you want to make spicy quesadillas, add a diced jalapeno to the skillet when you cook the onion or add a tablespoon of chopped pickled jalapenos to the filling.
More Quesadilla Recipes To Try
- Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Philly Cheese Steak Quesadillas
- Spicy Beef Quesadillas
- Shrimp, Bacon, and Corn Quesadillas
- Chicken, Bacon, and Ranch Quesadillas
- BBQ Pork and Mango Quesadillas
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- ½ cup cooked corn
- 2 cups mexican cheese blend
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro for serving
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Add onion and cook until soft.
- In a medium bowl, stir together onion, chicken, bbq sauce, and corn.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 1 tortilla in skillet. On half the tortilla, sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/4 of the chicken mixture, followed by another 1/4 cup of cheese. Fold the tortilla over the filling.
- When golden on the bottom, flip over and continue to cook until cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining 3 tortillas.Serve with sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro.