Ground Beef Casserole loaded with beef, cheese, and egg noodles is sure to be a family favorite.
I can never get enough of cooking or eating casseroles. They’re easy to make, filling, and just have a way of comforting the soul.
Sour cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese (yes there’s really that much cheese) make this casserole sinfully rich and gooey. Served with a side salad and some crusty bread, this will easily last 2 meals for a family of four.
It can also be assembled, frozen and defrosted overnight in the refrigerator. Then bake according to recipe directions.
I don’t know what it is about egg noodles, but I absolutely love them. Their flavor and shape is a nice change up from pasta. I’m still Jenny Craiging it this week (down 3 pounds and halfway to my goal in 1 week!) so no foods like Ground Beef Casserole for me this week.
However I could use the comfort of a delicious casserole today because in exactly 1 week my son will be having major surgery in Indianapolis to remove his retroperitoneal lymph nodes. He recently completed chemotherapy for testicular cancer and his tumor markers have come down to the normal range, but he needs to have some lymph nodes removed. Something called RPLND surgery. A doctor named Richard Foster at Indiana University is widely considered the best surgeon in the world for doing this type of surgery and he will be my son’s surgeon.
If anyone lives in the Indianapolis area we would love to hear some restaurant suggestions especially places that are good for take out and are near the IU Medical Complex since we will be there 8 days. We’ve been to Bru Burger and boy do they ever have fantastic burgers 🙂
Love that cheese 🙂 🙂
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is!
Ground Beef Casserole
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add ground round. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, sugar, Italian seasoning, and pepper. Stir to mix and let simmer over low heat while you get the rest of the ingredients ready.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook egg noodles according to package directions and drain well.
- In a medium bowl, stir together noodles, green onions, sour cream, and cream cheese.
- Spoon noodle mixture into a greased 13X9-inch baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Spray a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place cooking spray side down on top of baking dish to cover.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes.
Recipe Source: adapted from Southern Living
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.