Cheesy Garlic Bread is soft on the outside, crispy and golden on the outside and loaded with garlic and 2 kinds of cheese. Makes a great addition to any meal.
- Loaf of French Bread– Italian bread can be substituted.
- Salted Butter– salted butter adds more flavor but you can use unsalted and add a few pinches of salt.
- Garlic Cloves– I use 3 to 4 minced cloves.
- Garlic Powder– A little garlic powder accentuates the flavor of the fresh garlic.
- Salt– the addition of a little salt enhances the overall flavor of the garlic bread.
- Italian Seasoning– Dried oregano can be substituted.
- Mozzarella Cheese– packaged shredded mozzarella is fine for this recipe.
- Parmesan Cheese– either freshly shredded or the kind that comes in a green can works for this recipe.
How To Make Spicy
If you want to make your garlic bread spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe Tips
For easy clean-up, line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
For a stronger cheese flavor, replace 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese with cheddar cheese or swiss cheese.
Make Ahead and Storage
The bread can be prepped up to 8 hours in advance. Spread with the butter mixture and top with cheese. Wrap with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Leftovers will keep for 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in a toaster oven or air fryer.
More Garlic Bread Recipes
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Cut bread in half horizontally and place cut side up on prepared baking hseet.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, oil, garlic cloves, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt.Spread mixture on bread halves.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheese evenly over bread.Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes. If desired broil for a minute or two.